Download the complete three-year schedule for the Through My Bible in Three Years series.
Need images for your congregations PowerPoint slideshow or digital monitors? Download individual PowerPoint graphics promoting WELS ministries each month.
If you and your organization are interested in being included in the “church-related and charitable organizations” section of the synod yearbook and on the WELS Web site, WELS Communication Services on behalf of the Conference of Presidents is requesting you to submit an application. Basic information about qualifying WELS-affiliated entities will be listed in the synod Yearbook in an effort to publicize their ministries and services. To better understand your organization we are asking you to also provide the following:
1. In 100 words or less, describe your organization’s nature, purpose or mission.
2. List Web site address of your organization.
3. Enclose a copy of your constitution and bylaws.
Your organization must also agree to the following criteria and submit the application.
1. An organization will clearly identify itself as a WELS/ELS organization in its charter and be run by WELS/ELS members – for example, the director and governing board members must be WELS/ELS members.
2. An organization will have a constitution and bylaws with clearly defined descriptions of governance, function, and accountability. The constitution must have been approved by the district committee on constitutional matters.
3. An organization will recognize that it is under the doctrinal supervision of the district president.
4. National organizations will be responsible to the district president where the chairman or other leader of the organization resides.
5. An organization will recognize that it is totally responsible for its own financial affairs.
6. An organization shall not represent itself as an agent of or spokesperson for WELS.
7. An organization shall not be in conflict or competition with any ongoing ministry established by the synod constitution or synod convention. Instead, it will strive to work in concert with existing ministries.
8. An organization must be not-for-profit.
9. An organization will identify its affiliation with WELS in its print and electronic promotions and communications.
You may e-mail your materials to me at the address listed below.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please do not hesitate to contact Communication Services via e-mail or by phone: 414-256-3230.
Director, Communication Services
Learn the language of WELS! View a list of the most commonly, and some not-so-commonly, used acronyms around the synod.
The logo is the exclusive property of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod and may not be used without its express consent.
WELS Communications Services has granted permission to the following organizations and individuals to use the logo, in conformance with the WELS Identity Guidelines:
- Member congregations and schools—and pastors, staff ministers, faculty, teachers, staff members, laypeople, or design professionals acting on their behalf.
- Synod subsidiaries (WELS Church Extension Fund, WELS Foundation, WELS Investment Funds, Northwestern Publishing House, Benefit Plans).
- Parasynodical organizations whose work directly supports the synod’s ministry (Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society, WELS Kingdom Workers).
Other WELS-affiliated organizations may use the logo, but only after first securing permission from WELS Communication Services.
The license granted by the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod to use the logo is non-exclusive and is revocable at the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod’s sole discretion.
Conditions of use
The logo may be used only in conformity with the WELS Identity Guidelines.
Northwestern Publishing House has been given exclusive license to sell products featuring the logo. However, if you wish to sell items at cost or as giveaways (coffee mugs, T-shirts, etc.) or use such items to identify members (car decals, bumper stickers, lapel pins, etc.) within your congregation or organization, you may do so.
The logo may not be used by Web sites other than those of organizations mentioned above. Unofficial Web sites, though operated by WELS laypeople or called WELS pastors or other professional church workers, may not use the logo unless their sites carry the official, stated endorsement of a WELS district, congregation, or group of congregations.
Private businesses may not use the logo, nor may WELS congregational members use the logo for business or personal use. Rare exceptions may be made only after consultation with, and securing the permission from, WELS Communication Services.
If Communication Services requests, you will agree to submit for review representative samples of advertisements, promotional literature and materials, artwork, press releases, public relations material, brochures, Web pages, and other materials on which you use or intend to use the logo. If such samples, or other examples brought to our attention, do not conform to WELS Identity Guidelines, you agree to work with WELS Communication Services to find a workable solution.
Additional versions of the logo are available. To request the logo in another format, or for questions regarding the logo and its usage, contact us.
Together, a twice-monthly e-newsletters, features the latest and most important synod news. Printable PDFs are available to share with your congregation or fellow WELS members.
WELS Center for Mission and Ministry
Stone Ridge Drive
Waukesha, WI 53188
8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.